Monday, October 08, 2007

9 months later...

Yeah, all those new year's resolutions? Not so much.
Too much else going on. Can't write! Can't even blog! Lucky I get my hair washed!

Excuses, excuses.

What has been going on since I last blogged?
  • Beachglass came out in paperback in June - I like the cover and look/design so much better than the hardback! It's super-pretty!
  • I'm not writing. Like not at all.
  • Paid off the car.
  • Went down to LA in July for my 20th year high school reunion. I was reminded a) of how I kicked a classmate right in his poor little 7th grade family jewels in our English class (arguing over grammar, no doubt); b) that spending lots of time in the sun doesn't make you look very good later in life; and c) the 80s were a better era for music than I give it credit for. There were the requisiste amount of sloppy-drunk guys dancing alone and badly (1), inappropriately-dressed 38-trying-to-look 18 oversized breast implant girls (2), people who used to be cute that aren't anymore (13), people who didn't used to be cute who are (2), people who used to be fat who are thin (2), and people who used to be thin who are fat (8). There were a lot of people I would have loved to have seen who weren't there, but luckily our fave classmate (appropriately voted "Most Popular") organized a space on ning.com, so we have all gathered there for a myspace-like virtual reunion, which I love more than anything.
  • We did the flagstone-and-bamboo project in the front yard that I have been wanting to do forever. It's sooooo lovely.
  • We are no longer on dial-up and gave up the land line, which was quite a leap for people a little leery of change...but we are a cell phone/high speed family now. (I know, I know: Welcome to the 21st century, right?). I can go on YouTube at home! email photos in less than 20 minutes! Leap from site to site like a little grasshopper, pages downloading as soon as I hit "enter" -- I tell ya, this internet thing is gonna catch on.
  • We have been up to Orcas Island a few times and fallen madly in love. Going back in November. Someday we might have to lose our ferry ticket home and accidentally stay there.
  • And did I mention I haven't been "working on anything?" That's the question that comes if you write a book, you know. If you're writing another one. It's like kids. You have a baby and people ask when you're having another one. SHEESH.
  • I miss summertime terribly. We had many dinners on the sand at the lake, many nights of ice cream outside, walks to the park, mornings spent pushing the baby on the swings and watching the pre-teen climb trees, but now we're back to Seattle gloom. I'm trying to think of it as "cozy" instead of "suicidally dismal."

That's the update. I actually have a topic I want to post, so I'll start writing that next. Maybe. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home