Saturday, June 07, 2008

Guess Who's Writing Again?

Yes, dahlings, we are about 35 pages in to the most interesting little tale...so far all I really have are 4 VERY ODD characters (whom I love) and their deep dark secrets, which are interwoven and about to come boiling and screaming to the surface! Fun!

If anyone remembers Miriam, the crazy nurse from early drafts of Beachglass, she's baaaack... and crazier than ever. My favorite line describing her so far? "As if Miriam weren’t unattractive enough already, she had a frown on her face when she returned. A single thought in Veronica’s head: Where The Wild Things Are. If Maurice Sendak had drawn a nurse, this would be her." Oh, she's ugly and crazy -- and she's guilty of things we can't even begin to imagine. Not even me. I sit down to write, and every time, she takes a left and totally surprises me with how warped she is.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home